here are a few things for you to look at
- After only a week of this the casualties have been 205 dead Palestinians (80% civilians, and at least 34 children) and more than 1500 wounded and around 900 homes destroyed, over a 100,000 dislocated, while on the Israeli side there are 0 dead and 2 or 3 wounded and 0 buildings destroyed
- today morning all senior high school and college palestinian students got there grades, which is usually a celebrated event, and most of them got very high grades in fields of science and literature, but instead of celebrating they are morning and fleeing their homes, and 18 of them were dead
- On another hand, Israel’s government is paying college students to spread pro-Israel propaganda on social media (x)
if you don’t find that sickening than please get out
- Israel gets a high tech notification on smart phones of any bombing that might target them (the App is called “Israel Red Alert) and the Israelis are taken to bombing shelters. the Palestinian resistance gives them an hours warning before it anyway. While the Israeli’s warn the palestinians around 56 seconds before bombing, and it notifies them by a smaller warning bomb on the roof of the house
SO BASICALLY WARN THEM OF BOMB USING BOMBS, MAKES SENSE. AND IF THE WARNING BOMB ON THE ROOF MAKES IT COLLAPSE ON A CHILDS HEAD THAT’S OKAY
video and video
- The Palestinians are asked to evacuate. EVACUATE TO WHERE EXACTLY?! have a look at the map
Israel controls all the movement of the citizens and its borders. No one is allowed to leave. on the borders with Egypt (rafa) it is also blocked and no one is allowed to leave that way either. So the civilians should just through themselves in the sea right!? oops no not allowed as well
- The Palestinians have NO ARMY of their own. please get that inside your bloody heads. how can yo say they are fighting a war!? then what is Hamas you ask me? well for one thing, “Hamas” was a democratically elected political group by people in Gaza to govern them, and Israel denied them that right, and the group that is responsible of any military acts is a branch in Hamas named Qtab Al Qassam, who are not an army, and the weapons they use to resist the Israeli occupation they make themselves, because any means of importing weapons from any neighboring Arab countries is sealed, besides (and for shame!) not a single Arab country offers any, not even the least amount to defend themselves.
They are labeled almost by everyone as terrorists because they fight back, I mean in what universe would an oppressed people tolerate being kicked out of their homes, bombed and watching their children die before their eyes!?
It is crazy to me that people label them as terrorists but not Israel who is an apartheid terrorist state with a freaking army that is funded by the USA.
So what? you except those people to live under oppressive conditions for 60 years, and tolerate regular bombings and arrests from Israel and just accept it and not fight back in any desperate way they can.
no, you know what, that makes total sense!! how dare i be such a blind ignorant fool!!
- While we’re at it, because I don’t want any little piece of shit to come tell me, well Hamas didn’t accept the proposal of Egypt to stop the bombing. SIT THE HECK DOWN. Egypt which is supposed to act as an arab correspondent to the conflict for the Palestinians, like the USA to Israel, did not officially put up any proposal or movement but merely made a weak statement of disapproval. The Palestinian people said clearly: they want ceasefire and for the siege to be removed from Gaza, and for the Israeli violence and oppression to be stopped on all Palestinians, and for the to live safety in their own homes
apparently that was unreasonable and too much to ask
Hamas did not reject the ceasefire. Israel did.
an extract from the article explains my point
As Mya Guarnieri explains succinctly in +972 Mag, the Egyptian “ceasefire” would have meant a return to a comfortable status quo for Israel in which:
Israel strikes Gaza from time to time and kills Palestinian civilians there and in the West Bank without garnering much scrutiny from the international media and, by extension, the international community. Returning to the status quo would also mean an end to the immediate damage to Israel’s image caused by the horrific photos and footage coming out of Gaza, and global protests against what Israel calls “Operation Protective Edge.”
But it would mean no change to the reality for 1.8 million Palestinians in Gaza living under crushing siege.
In the immediate period, the bogus “ceasefire” initiative gives Israel the opportunity to spin headlines in its direction – claiming that Hamas are being irrational and unreasonable “terrorists.”
- The difference between a Hamas rocket and an Israeli airstrike
- schools are being used as shelters and places to take the wounded because the hospitals and medical team can barely sustain the flow of the wounded
- Israel fired 5 missiles at al-Wafa hospital in Gaza City on Friday WHERE CHILDREN ARE STAYING, and has threatened to bomb it again (x)
- The Israelis are NOT DEFENDING THEMSELVES. YOU CAN’T DEFEND SOMETHING THAT IS NOT YOURS. THIS IS AN OCCUPATION OF PEOPEL’S LAND AGAINST THEIR WILL BY VIOLENCE AND FORCE
- Israel has broken over 65 UN resolutions. SIXTY FIVE.
- In the lead up to Operation Cast Lead, senior Israeli army General Gadi Eisenkot disclosed Israel’s plans to expand the Dahiya doctrine, telling an Israeli newspaper, “We will wield disproportionate power against every village from which shots are fired on Israel, and cause immense damage and destruction. From our perspective, these are military bases.” He added, “This isn’t a suggestion. This is a plan that has already been authorized.” (x)
so basically the Israeli army sees homes where families live as military bases because to them every palestinian is a terrorist
- the United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict, better known as The Goldstone Report The report continued (emphasis mine), “Statements by political and military leaders prior to and during the military operations in Gaza leave little doubt that disproportionate destruction and violence against civilians were part of a deliberate policy.” (emphasis and bold mine) (x)
- this video is compilation of videos taken by Israelis and Palestinians posted on social networks, it shift between the bombing of Palestinian homes and screams of children and mothers to the pro-Israeli protest by Israeli citizens
SO STOP LISTENING TO YOUR MAINSTREAM MEDIA AND WAKE UP
NO THIS IS NOT A WAR. THIS IS GENOCIDE.
just to be clear I believe one person has died on the Israeli side.
This is genocide and war crimes committed by Israel and for what - NATURAL GAS AND THE LAND! Or to be clear - MONEY!!
Israel targeted and killed four Palestinian boys earlier today as they were playing football on the beach in Gaza.
Their names were Ismael Mohamed Bakr, 9, Ahed Atef Bakr, 10, Zakaria Ahed Bakr, 10 and Mohamed Ramez Bakr, 11, and they were all from the same family.
According to Abu Hassera, whose shirt was stained with blood: “When the first shell hit the land, they ran away but another shell hit them all. It looked as if the shells were chasing them.”
Now, everyone is used to seeing pro-Israel bias in the media and it’s no surprise. But this ‘article’ from the New York Times is something else. As pointed out by Ben White: there is no mention of “Israel”, or the “IDF”, or “Israeli military”, or basically any agency.
Sometimes I don’t feel like the people arguing realize that Palestine is completely under occupation. Palestine is not a sovereign state. At best the Palestinian Authority just facilitates and takes care of the administrative dirty work for Israel. But make no mistake, Israel is the side holding all the power and all the cards.
What are some crucial elements for a state to have, in order to be considered sovereign?
Well..they’d have to have control of their borders and airspace. Israel controls both of those for Palestine. We’re not allowed to even have an airport.
Okay..so what about, the freedom to tax its population according to their abilities? Well…the PA has its hands tied for that too. It is not allowed to change or mess with the import tax and VAT. That means that Palestinians pay the same VAT and import taxes as Israelis do. Just to be clear, the average income for Palestinians is around 1200-1400 NIS, while in Israel it’s around 9000 NIS.
Hrrmm, what about citizenship? It’s a hallmark of any sovereign state to issue its own passport and issue citizenship to whoever it wants, right? The Palestinian Authority can only give passports to people Israel approves, the Palestinian Authority is not allowed to issue Palestinian citizenship to anyone.
Yes, it’s true. If you happen to be Palestinian, and fall in love with someone who is not? You’re screwed. You’ll never be able to live in Palestine with them without a million complications. Your partner will have to keep perpetually renewing tourism Visas from Israel, and usually after a while, Israel stops giving those after they discover you’re living in areas under the Palestinian Authority.
Abbas himself, the president of the Palestinian Authority, cannot travel, I repeat, he cannot travel without having sufficient permission and coordination issued by Israeli occupation authorities.
What about an army? Hah! Good joke. Only recently were our Police even permitted -yes, permitted- to carry any form of side arms.
So tell me..an entity that cannot control its borders, its airspace, its own taxation, has no say in its own citizenship matters, and its highest office cannot travel without permission…what would you call such an entity?
Because it sure as hell isn’t a sovereign state.
And then somehow people turn around, and put this sad “Authority” on the same level as Israel? They treat both sides as equals? An occupied population and a military occupier?
The areas under the Palestinian Authority are at best Bantustans. The Transkei Bantustan in South Africa for instance, also called itself an independent and sovereign state. We all know the truth of how that was, and we all know how it ended.
I would totally agree with the propoganda which agitates the US and other Global Anti-Semitism. However, the choice of weaopnry currently being used by Israel is Unconscionable.
Even the Orthodoxy in the USA has great support for a Palistine State.
But, as I was called-on-the-carpet this morning for my lack of balanced Posts, Hamas MUST GO; they must be Obliterated, wiped out if necessary, before the moderate Israelis will be able to topple Netenyahu’s obstinant posture on this topic!
Thousands of Pro-Palestian Protesters March in Cities Across the Globe with the Message to Israel: End Your Reign of Terror in Gaza
July 11, 2014
Thousands of pro-Palestinian demonstrators turned out on the streets of London and Paris on Friday to call for an end to Israeli military strikes on Gaza.
Several thousand people crowded the streets outside the Israeli Embassy in west London, waving placards that read “Gaza: End the Siege” and “Freedom for Palestine.” The crowds blocked an entire road, and several protesters managed to climb on top of a double-decker bus stuck in traffic, but police said the protest was largely peaceful.
A smaller protest took place in Paris Friday, where about 100 people demonstrated near the French Foreign Ministry.
Demonstrators waved Palestinian flags. One woman shouted “Palestine will survive” had the flag painted on her cheeks.
Stephane Frappreau, who identified himself as Jewish, said the demonstrations were about “defending humanity and about stopping the massacre.”
"I think that people tend to forget that Palestinians are people who are suffering, kids and women, who are dying every day," Frappreau said. "And I think that people shouldn’t confuse things or come to quick conclusions, because being against Israel as we are today is not about being anti-Semitic."
France has both Western Europe’s largest Jewish community and its largest Muslim population, and the French government has been walking a careful line on the Gaza developments. President Francois Hollande issued a disappointing statement earlier this week in support of Israel that prompted criticism because it failed to mention Palestinian victims. He later spoke with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyau and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, then issued new statements expressing support for each and concern for all victims. He condemned violence and urged a return to peace talks.
More demonstrations are planned for the weekend.
Palestinian deaths are now 100+. Israeli casualties remain steady at 0. This is not war, it is a systematic extermination of the Palestinian people and it needs to stop NOW!
The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine in Gaza issued a statement on July 10, describing the heinous crimes committed by the Zionist occupation forces in the Gaza Strip as a war of overall aggression which exceeds all limits of logic and humanity. It called for the resistance factions to escalate strikes in each areas, including rockets and missiles, to compel the occupying entity to pay a price for its aggression.
The occupation forces are escalating their attacks on Gaza, including bombing and demolishing family homes inhabited by children, women and elders, targeting journalists, the latest of which was the assassination of journalist Hamdi Shehab yesterday, targeting medical personnel and ambulances, health centers and hospitals. All of this reflects the state of bankruptcy which the criminal enemy has reached, its confusion and inability to confront the resistance.
The Front denounced the extreme official Arab silence and international indifference in the face of the destruction in the Gaza Strip, asking if the bodies of women, children and elders pulled from under the rubble of destroyed homes are not sufficient to spark the conscience of international humanitarian agencies and the world, and promising that their Palestinian blood will not have been shed in vain.
The Front dismissed the emergency hearing of the Security Council called by the Arab Group, noting that it comes far too late, after over 80 martyrs and thousands of wounded, the destruction of homes and infrastructure, urging real international action to hold the occupation state accountable for its crimes.
The Front also renewed its call for the necessity of the leadership in power in the PLO to join the International Criminal Court and seek to bring the criminal enemy to trial for its crimes committed against the Palestinian people. Continued postponement is a betrayal of the blood of the martyrs.
The Front also reaffirmed the unity of our people in all locations against the horrific Zionist attack, calling on our people in the West Bank to take to the streets and escalate confrontation against the occupation army and settlers, and for the military wings of the armed resistance there to move to strike the occupation everywhere. Further, it called upon all members of Palestinian security agencies to reject the constraints and obligations of Oslo and instead join the Palestinian people to confront the occupier and protect the people.